Sustained growth in the future can only be achieved by the continuous generation of new, creative ideas and strategies. There are a range of ways in which organisations address this issue including structures, processes, incentives, systems and unleashing the creative potential of individuals. Many organisations today have turned to workplace innovation programs in the conviction that creativity is one key to competitive survival. And organisations know their ability to innovate lies in the creativity and abilities of their people. The individual needs to understand and adopt internal thinking processes that increase the potential for new thinking. Organisations have to do the same.
Creativity will be the strategic tool for the 21st Century and will help us solve community, organisational and global challenges.
ELEVEN TIPS TO UNLOCK YOUR PERSONAL AND ORGANISATIONAL CREATIVE POTENTIAL
- We are all far more creative than we believe. Remove self-limiting beliefs.
- Ask why? not why not?
- Questions for leaders to re-invent the future:
- What could exist that does not exist now?
- What could be happening that is not happening now?
- How can we learn how to acknowledge each unique voice and unlock our human potential?
- Unlocking creativity leads to ideas that create value in individuals, teams and organisations
- Diversity leads to innovation. Listen to all the voices around you and share your ideas across barriers of siloes, age, gender and cultures.
- Find ways to develop a culture of creativity and innovation across your teams, departments and organisation.
- All it takes is nurturing enquiring minds - who knows what may be possible!
- Unlocking creativity leads to greater wellbeing, engagement and sense of meaning and purpose, as well as innovation!
- Share stories of positive outcomes you achieve through your creative leadership programs
- Start to measure the outcomes of your creativity and innovation programs so you can show hard data to the skeptics and gain their support and investment for future programs.
- Don’t miss Creative Innovation 2010 – Registrations are now open at www.ci2010.com.au
Tania de Jong AM is Founder Creative Universe, Creativity Australia, Music Theatre Australia, Pot-Pourri, The Song Room and Founder and Executive